Slow cooker meals are an RVer’s best friend: just prep the ingredients, throw them into the slow cooker, leave for a day of fun and recreation, and come back to a delicious warm meal. Try this convenient and easy recipe the next time you want a home-cooked meal without all the effort.
SLOW COOKER CHILI MAC
- 1 pound very lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 30 oz can chili beans in chili sauce or 2 (15-16 oz) cans chili beans in chili sauce
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz elbow macaroni uncooked
- Desired toppings: cheddar sour cream, green onions, corn chips, etc.
- Place ground beef in the bottom of your slow cooker and break into smaller chunks. Stir in remaining ingredients except for the pasta.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. In the last 15 minutes of cooking stir in the uncooked pasta and cover. Stir and test to see if pasta is to your liking. However, even with the slow cooker off the pasta will continue to cook just from the heat of the chili and crock itself so unless your pasta is really chewy or crunchy I strongly suggest only cooking it for the last 15 minutes of cook time.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Visit Richardson’s RV Centers
Stop by Richardson’s RV Center this winter before you hit the road to make sure that your RV is in tip-top shape. If you don’t own an RV or it’s time to get a new one, come check out the inventory at Richardson’s RV Center and tour the units that catch your eye.